Yurt updates

Wow – it took over a year but I finally get some things new done in the yurt. With the help if my son we got the vapor barrier spread out under the yurt. Basically black plastic in a roll cut down to size. We crawled around getting all the parts down with a generous overlap of about a foot.

Then this weekend I installed a series of vents into the skirting to allow the air flow under the yurt to breathe.

Simple 5″ round soffit vents – plastic vents. With a 5″ hole saw I got them installed in minutes. The whole process took about an hour. The fit real snugly too. Also, I spray painted the outside of the vents with textured brown paint to match the existing skirting. Here are some photos of the vent install.

 

20140609-141150-51110821.jpg

20140609-141152-51112566.jpg

20140609-141154-51114521.jpg

20140609-141156-51116229.jpg
-d

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s