Well time just keeps rolling … I started my new work schedule this week (4-10’s). I’m a bit tired but Friday’s off will be nice to catch up on projects.
All the wood is piled up and ready to be split. I’ll leave the piles till spring – by then we will have split the wood and ready for stacking.
I received my kickstarter for Kraken Scatter Terrain last week. I quickly gave it a bath and cleaned it up for primer.
The details are really nice and will go perfectly with my other scrap pile terrain I painted up last year.
I’ll pull this stuff out for reference… I’m hoping to start painting things next week.
Also this week, I primered and base colored this scrapper building for Dark-Age.
I’ll start working on this by dismantling the dry fit and painting the details… hopefully starting on it this month.
I’m still trying to wrap up outside projects… and I’m hoping decent weather and Friday’s off will allow me to get ahead of things before the winter comes.
Last week was a blur … last Saturday we spent the day at the beach – and the weather was glorious. Unusually clear, bright, not windy and not ice cold ocean water for the Oregon coast. Suffice to say, I had fun with the family. I also go a bit sunburnt.
After my last post I got sick for most of the week. So after work each day I spent most of my time resting and trying to get better. Which left the Yurt porch in a holding pattern. Sadly, I won’t be getting back to work on that for another week because next week we are on vacation.
Our Roadtrip will be to New Mexico to visit a friend and his family for a couple days. Along with that we will see the Grand Canyon and a few other sights in the American south west along the way.
I did get this box set put together for Dark-Age at one point last week before I got sick. They went together pretty easily. But they did d require some mold line cleaning.
Wow, this month just flew by. Summer like weather has arrived to the Pacific Northwest. With that … outside activities seem to have taken over my project time. Sorry about the couple week gap.
I’ve been fitting in some hobby time this month. Firstly, I got these three done – and thus I’ve finished my Dark-Age Outcasts.
I’m happy I’ve gotten these guys done. Now I have two nicely pained factions done for Dark-Age. Now I’ll be ready to possibly do some basic demo games in trying to grow the Dark-Age player base in my area.
I did pick up the new rules recently, but I’ve not had the time to play with them yet.
Next up I’ve spent some time to try and work on the vast collection of terrain kits I’ve collected.
These MDF kits are great for quick and interesting terrain. They go together quickly – and are a breeze to paint up.
I finished these two in just a few days / I’m hoping they work for a variety of games.
I’m following these up with some new MDF and plastic kits from Warsenal – geared for Dark-Age.
The instructions are online and pretty clear. So far things are going together easily.
Lastly, I’ve finished this little Bones dragon for my daughters birthday in a couple weeks.
Ok – my intention is to keep plugging away at terrain kits. Then a compete redo my my painting and hobby table area. Before then I’ve got outside and yurt projects to complete.