Well for the the last 3 weeks I’ve been working on wrapping up outside projects before the rains come. That all started with having nine trees on the property dropped. 4 were way to close to the house.
Then there were 3 others whom were either dead / dying or diseased.
And another couple of trees that we’re just in the way of the others. The property has many more trees – so no worries for the remainder.
I’ve spend the rest of the time cleaning up. “Bucking” up the limbs – hauling those away to be further trimmed and piled for burning season. All the logs are cut down to rounds and pilled up for the winter. When I get time I’ll work on splitting it all. I think we will end up with around 2 cord after it’s all stacked.
Between all that logging work … I got a chance to go to a local “Tiny House” show … which was pretty interesting… I was looking to get more ideas for the yurt. It was cool to meet and chat with you tube stars as well.
Lastly, I unpacked my kickstarter… “Shot Box”. Which is pretty nifty. It has built in LED lighting… as well as a tray for my smartphone to shoot photos.
I took some quick pictures… I plan on taking more after I get some backdrops worked out.
I’ll need to play with the lighting – and with my manual camera apps to see what I can ge consistently. But these shots turned out well for just setting up the box.
Alright, that’s it for now.
Ok, as promised here is a quick update to upgrading your markers. First, here is a link to this page where you can print out your own markers… Infinity Marker Sheet
This is a great resource … printout your markers – cut them out – cool!
To add to the task of upgrading my tokens I picked up this nice little 1″ dia. die cutter.
The cutter works great – and after noticing that Corvus Belli places additional markers on the tabs of their packaging – I went to work on punching them out 😛.
I saw someone with some nice Infinity tokens/markers. After taking a closer look he explained the rather easy makeover.
I picked up Operation Icestorm last winter. And we have played a few times with the card stock punch out markers. They are light weight and can easily be blown around or moved.
The solutions include purchasing new markers or something else. My solution was to upgrade them.
— Really simple – I picked up these 1″ dia. plastic discs at TAP (a plastics parts and supply store locally).
Then with some clear all purpose glue (also purchased at TAP). I applied a decent sized “glob” of glue to the plastic disc.
With a little trial and error I found a good amount of glue to successfully seal the token to the disc. Align the paper token with the glue side of the disc – and press down to get a good set.
After that … Repeat the process with each token. After waiting a few hours for everything to dry and set – things look pretty good.
This project took maybe an hour after work to do. All of my Icestorm markers are complete. I plan to make another batch as soon as I get more markers. I know there are several places online to print out additional markers for infinity. I’ll be sure to update you when I print my own out.